Skip to main content

Stand with Buhari? Really?

It hurts me when I still see Nigerians fighting over their allegiance to either GEJ or Buhari. Just recently, someone actually accused me of being pro-Jonathan because I pointed out the weakness of this present administration.

It is sad because to me....and in reality...the GEJ vs Buhari contest ended with the elections. This continued contest between the GEJ and Buhari camps -though only existing in little minds, serves the counter-productive purpose of suppressing objectivity and preventing us from demanding more from our so-called leaders.

I know that there are Nigerians today who would not see any good in Buhari's government just because they support GEJ. I also know that there are Nigerians who think GEJ would win if they castigate Buhari; so they are prepared to #StandWithBuhari even if he sets the podium ablaze. But what really is the contest? Buhari is now in charge and in Aso Rock while GEJ is in Otuoke.

I dislike it when I raise an issue about Buhari and someone says "at least he is better than GEJ"...What nonsense! Who made GEJ the yardstick for good governance? Just as I castigated GEJ when he failed to perform, so will I castigate Buhari.

I have asked a guy that ‪#‎StandsWithBuhari‬ why he does so and he said it was mainly because Buhari isn't corrupt. I then asked why he believes that Buhari isn't corrupt, and he said I should check the calibre of men that are in court for corruption-related cases. And I asked if that was all...he said it was more than enough considering what GEJ did.

Now, for some reality check:
If you cannot assume that your Pastor is free from sin because he preaches against it...
If you are wise enough to know that just because a whole street is running after a guy who stole a tuber of yam from Mama Nkechi does not mean that everyone on that street is a saint...
Then why do you believe that Buhari isn't corrupt because he is recovering stolen funds?

Again, I wouldn't be quick to praise a man as being straightforth just because he sees faults in another man's child. He may be a candidate for my praise if he is also quick to expose his own children... I don't need to explain this analogy, do I?

So before you stand with Buhari, take a look at the budget for the Presidency...
Does he stand with you?
Before you stand with Buhari, look at his policies and how he has communicated them to you...
Does he stand with you?
Before you stand with Buhari, check if you are doing so just because you want to stand against Jonathan. If this is the case, wake up, the elections ended over a year ago and the country is on fire.

So do I #StandWithBuhari? No, I don't, at least not yet...my support is earned, not given.

The Oracle has spoken!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Biafra of My Dreams (Revisited)

  On the 30th of May 1967, the late Lieutenant-Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu declared the Republic of Biafra as a secessionist state from Nigeria. This sparked off the Nigerian civil war that lasted from the 7th of July 1967 until January 1970. Fortunately or unfortunately, at the end of the war, Biafra was not to be. It is no news that Nigeria, as it is, was born out of the selfish desires of the British for easier control of their interests across the different regions of the country with oil being the most important, and as it were the Nigerian Government was backed militarily by the British in their quest to retain the oil-rich Biafran region. The truth is that if Nigeria had no oil, or if the bulk of the oil was found elsewhere but the southern region, or if the southern region had made Shell/BP a better deal than they had with Nigeria, Biafra would have been in existence today. The agitation for Biafra in Ojukwu’s time was mainly as a result of the massacre of Easterners in

The Biafra of My Dreams (Part 1)

On the 30th of May 1967, the late Lieutenant-Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu declared the Republic of Biafra as a secessionist state from Nigeria. This sparked off the Nigerian civil war that lasted from 7th of July 1967 until January of 1970. Fortunately or unfortunately, at the end of the war, Biafra was not to be.  It is no news that Nigeria as it is was born out of the selfish desires of the British for easier control of their interests across the different regions of the country with oil being the most important, and as it were the Nigerian Government was backed militarily by the British in their quest to retain the oil rich Biafran region. The truth is that if Nigeria had no oil, or if the bulk of the oil was found elsewhere but the southern region, or if the southern region had made Shell/BP a better deal than they had with Nigeria, Biafra would have been in existence today. The agitation for Biafra in Ojukwu’s time was mainly as a result of the massacre of Easterners

On Kemen And Apostle Suleman: How Strong Is Your Opinion?

Within the last two weeks or so, the Nigerian ‘internetosphere’ has been rife with happenings in the Big Brother Nigeria reality TV show as it concerns Kemen, and the ‘private’ life of Apostle Johnson Suleman. This isn’t the type of topic I would typically discuss especially as the Big Brother show isn’t my thing and because I have always regarded Suleman with some scepticism from the very first time I saw him preach. A lot has been said and written about Kemen and Suleman already, but these have either been to report the stories, or defend/support the accused; therefore, I am not going down those routes. Today, however, I will beam the light on those Nigerians who hold and have shared rather strong opinions about these men. I remember logging into Facebook two weeks ago and my timeline feeds were mainly about Big Brother’s Kemen taking advantage of TBoss and his eventual eviction. Most of the posts were accusatory saying he had touched TBoss inappropriately...some even went